- Vælkomin til Undirhúsið! Um tú hevur ein spurning um Wikipedia, og hvussu alt virkar, so set hann niðast á hesa síðuna. Síðan roynir onkur at svara honum. Hygg at Wikipedia OSS fyri heildarspurningar um Wikipedia. Tú ert vælkomin at skoyta tíni sjónarmið uppí ella byrja eitt nýtt innlegg.
- Welcome to the general discussion page! This is the place to ask any questions you may have about the Faroese Wikipedia. Any general discussions or anything of community interest is also appropriate here. Please sign your post, date your post and add new topics to the bottom of the page. Requests for the bot flag should be made on Wikipedia:Áheitan um bott støðu.
Nýligar betringar[rætta wikitekst]
Tú kanst skifta frá wikitekst rættaranum til visual editor eftir at tú ert byrjað(ur) við at rætta. LaTeX støddfrøði formil-rættarin er útbygdur munandi. (T118616) You can see the formula as you change the LaTeX code. You can click buttons to insert the correct LaTeX code for many symbols.
Broytingar framyvir[rætta wikitekst]
The single edit tab project will combine the "Rætta" and "Rætta wikitekst" tabs into a single "Rætta" tab, like the system already used on the mobile website. (T102398, T58337) Initially, the "Rætta" tab will open whichever editing environment you used last time. Your last editing choice will be stored as a cookie for logged-out users and as an account preference for logged-in editors. Logged-in editors will be able to set a default editor in the Broyting av greinum tab of Special:Preferences in the drop-down menu about "Editing mode".
Visual editor rættarin verður bjóðaður til øll ið rætta á hesum Wikipediunum tíðliga í 2016: Amhariskt, Buginesiskt, Min Dong, Cree, Manx, Hakka, Armenskt, Georgiskt, Pontiskt, Serbo-Kroatiskt, Tigrinya, Mingreliskt, Zhuang, og Min Nan. (T116523) Please post your comments and the language(s) that you tested at the feedback thread on mediawiki.org. The developers would like to know how well it works. Please tell them what kind of computer, web browser, and keyboard you are using.
Í 2016 verða afturmeldingar síður (feedback) viðvíkjandi visual editor á nógvum Wikipedium víðaristillaðar til mediawiki.org. (T92661)
Testing opportunities[rætta wikitekst]
- Please try the new system for the single edit tab on test2.wikipedia.org. You can edit while logged out to see how it works for logged-out editors, or you can create a separate account to be able to set your account's preferences. Please share your thoughts about the single edit tab system at the feedback topic on mediawiki.org or sign up for formal user research (type "single edit tab" in the question about other areas you're interested in). The new system has not been finalized, and your feedback can affect the outcome. The team particularly wants your thoughts about the options in Special:Preferences. The current choices in Special:Preferences are:
- Remember my last editor,
- Always give me the visual editor if possible,
- Always give me the source editor, and
- Show me both editor tabs. (This is the current state for people already using the visual editor. None of these options will be visible if you have disabled the visual editor in your preferences at that wiki.)
- Can you read and type in Korean or Japanese? Language engineer David Chan needs people who know which tools people use to type in some languages. If you speak Japanese or Korean, you can help him test support for these languages. Please see the instructions at What to test if you can help, and report it on Phabricator (Korean - Japanese) or on Wikipedia (Korean - Japanese).
If you aren't reading this in your favorite language, then please help us with translations! Subscribe to the Translators mailing list or contact us directly, so that we can notify you when the next issue is ready. Thank you!
Elitre (WMF), 25. des 2015 kl. 00:06 (UTC)
Wikimania 2016 Scholarships - Deadline soon![rætta wikitekst]
- Please help translate to your language
A reminder - applications for scholarships for Wikimania 2016 in Esino Lario, Italy, are closing soon! Please get your applications in by January 9th. To apply, visit the page below:
2016 WMF Strategy consultation[rætta wikitekst]
- Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation (WMF) has launched a consultation to help create and prioritize WMF strategy beginning July 2016 and for the 12 to 24 months thereafter. This consultation will be open, on Meta, from 18 January to 26 February, after which the Foundation will also use these ideas to help inform its Annual Plan. (More on our timeline can be found on that Meta page.)
Your input is welcome (and greatly desired) at the Meta discussion, 2016 Strategy/Community consultation.
Apologies for English, where this is posted on a non-English project. We thought it was more important to get the consultation translated as much as possible, and good headway has been made there in some languages. There is still much to do, however! We created m:2016 Strategy/Translations to try to help coordinate what needs translation and what progress is being made. :)
If you have questions, please reach out to me on my talk page or on the strategy consultation's talk page or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Faroese is missing[rætta wikitekst]
Faroese is missing from this page:
Thank you, Varlaam (kjak) 20. jan 2016 kl. 22:30 (UTC)
- Thanks for letting us know, it has been added now :) --EileenSanda (kjak) 20. jan 2016 kl. 23:40 (UTC)
Hi all. Some of you may recall that visual editor feedback centralization was implemented recently. As a result of that, I don't know where to deliver the upcoming issues of the newsletter. Would you please choose a page and add it to this list (or tell me what the new target should be)? Otherwise, I'll temporarily send the bulletin to this page. Thanks for your attention. Best, --Elitre (WMF) (kjak) 16. feb 2016 kl. 15:05 (UTC)
VisualEditor News #1—2016[rætta wikitekst]
Elitre (WMF), 26. feb 2016 kl. 19:21 (UTC)
Wikimania 2016: call for posters, discussions and trainings[rætta wikitekst]
the calls for posters, discussions and trainings for Wikimania 2016 are officially opened, you can find all the relevant links on the conference wiki:
The calls will be closed on March 20.
Posters will be reviewed just to make sure that there aren't things which are too much out of scope. Since we have a whole village we will surely find places to attach them, even if we they will be a lot!
Discussions will be managed by a guiding committee who will work on the wiki to meld all the proposals and suggestions.
Trainings will be reviewed by the programme committee. Please note that we request that each training has at least 3-5 interested attendees in order to be put in the programme.
By the beginning of April we will have a first list of all the accepted proposals.
If you have questions we suggest you to ask them on the discussion pages on wiki, so that everyone will be able to see them (and their answers, of course).
Completion suggestor[rætta wikitekst]
New Wikipedia Library Accounts Available Now (March 2016)[rætta wikitekst]
Apologies for writing in English. Please help translate to your language
The Wikipedia Library is announcing signups today for free, full-access accounts to published research as part of our Publisher Donation Program. You can sign up for access to research materials from:
- Cambridge University Press - a major publisher of academic journals and e-books in a variety of subject areas. Access includes both Cambridge Journals Online and Cambridge Books. 25 accounts.
- Alexander Street Academic Video Online - a large academic video collection good for a wide range of subjects, including news programs (such as PBS and BBC), music and theatre, lectures and demonstrations, and documentaries. 25 accounts.
- Baylor University Press - a publisher of academic e-books primarily in religious studies and the humanities. 50 accounts.
- Future Science Group - a publisher of medical, biotechnological and scientific research. 30 accounts.
- Annual Reviews - a publisher of review articles in the biomedical sciences. 100 accounts.
- Miramar Ship Index - an index to ships and their histories since the early 19th century. 30 accounts.
- Noormags - Farsi-language aggregator of academic and professional journals and magazines. 30 accounts.
- Kotobna - Arabic-language ebook publishing platform. 20 accounts.
- Gale - aggregator of newspapers, magazines and journals. 50 accounts.
- Elsevier ScienceDirect - an academic publishing company that publishes medical and scientific literature. 100 accounts.
Many other partnerships with accounts available are listed on our partners page, including Project MUSE, De Gruyter, EBSCO, Newspapers.com and British Newspaper Archive. Do better research and help expand the use of high quality references across Wikipedia projects: sign up today!
--The Wikipedia Library Team 17. mar 2016 kl. 20:30 (UTC)
Star Wars[rætta wikitekst]
Open Call for Individual Engagement Grants[rætta wikitekst]
Please help translate to your language:
Greetings! The Individual Engagement Grants (IEG) program is accepting proposals until April 12th to fund new tools, research, outreach efforts, and other experiments that enhance the work of Wikimedia volunteers. Whether you need a small or large amount of funds (up to $30,000 USD), IEGs can support you and your team’s project development time in addition to project expenses such as materials, travel, and rental space.
- Submit a grant request or draft your proposal in IdeaLab
- Get help with your proposal in an upcoming Hangout session
- Learn from examples of completed Individual Engagement Grants
With thanks, I JethroBT (WMF) 31. mar 2016 kl. 15:47 (UTC)
Server switch 2016[rætta wikitekst]
The Wikimedia Foundation will be testing its newest data center in Dallas. This will make sure Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to conduct a planned test. This test will show whether they can reliably switch from one data center to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic to the new data center on Tuesday, 19 April.
On Thursday, 21 April, they will switch back to the primary data center.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop during those two switches. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for approximately 15 to 30 minutes on Tuesday, 19 April and Thursday, 21 April, starting at 14:00 UTC (15:00 BST, 16:00 CEST, 10:00 EDT, 07:00 PDT).
If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped.
Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be a code freeze for the week of 18 April.
No non-essential code deployments will take place.
This test was originally planned to take place on March 22. April 19th and 21st are the new dates. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org. They will post any changes on that schedule. There will be more notifications about this. Please share this information with your community. /User:Whatamidoing (WMF) (talk) 17. apr 2016 kl. 21:08 (UTC)
Wikipedia to the Moon[rætta wikitekst]
Hello! Sorry that this is in English only, but we are using village pump messaging in order to reach as many language communities as possible. Wrong page? Please fix it here.
This is an invitation to all Wikipedians: Wikimedia Deutschland has been given data space to include Wikipedia content in an upcoming mission to the Moon. (No joke!) We have launched a community discussion about how to do that, because we feel that this is for the global community of editors. Please, join the discussion on Meta-Wiki (and translate this invitation to your language community)! Best, Moon team at Wikimedia Deutschland 21. apr 2016 kl. 15:35 (UTC)