Pelé í 2008
Edson Arantes do Nascimento|
23. oktober 1940
Três Corações, Brazil
|Hædd||173 m (567 ft 7 in)|
|Foreldur||Dondinho, Celeste Arantes|
Edson Arantes do Nascimento (Brasilskt portugisiskt: [ˈɛtsõ (w)ɐˈɾɐ̃tʃiz du nɐsiˈmẽtu]; føddur 23. oktober 1940), kendur sum Pelé (Brasilskt portugisiskt: [pe̞ˈlɛ]), er ein pensioneraður brasilskur fótbóltsleikari, ið spældi sum álopsleikari. Hann verður mettur at vera heimsins besti fótbóltsleikari yvirhøvur. Í 1999 varð hann valdur Aldarinnar Besti Leikari í Heiminum av International Federation of Football History & Statistics (IFFHS). Sama árið spurdi tíðarritið France Football fyrrverandi Ballon d'Or vinnarar um at velja Aldarinnar Fótbólsleikara; teir valdu Pelé. Í 1999 varð Pelé kosin Aldarinnar Ítróttafólk av IOC, og Time nevndu hann í yvirliti teirra 100 mest týðand fólk í 20. øld. Í 2013 fekk hann FIFA Ballon d'Or Prix d'Honneur sum viðurkenning fyri hansara yrkisleið og fremjan sum ein altjóða ímynd av fótbóltinum.
Heiður[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
Landslið[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
- HM fótbóltur (3): 1958, 1962, 1970
- Roca Cup (2): 1957, 1963
- Cruz Cup (3): 1958, 1962, 1968
- Bernardo O'Higgins Cup (1): 1959
- Atlantic Cup (1): 1960
- Oswaldo Cruz Cup (3): 1958, 1962, 1968
Feløg[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
- Copa Libertadores (2): 1962, 1963
- Intercontinental Cup (2): 1962, 1963
- Intercontinental Supercup (1): 1968
- Supercopa de Campeones Intercontinentales (1): 1968
- Campeonato Brasileiro Série A (6): 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1968
- Torneio Rio-São Paulo (4): 1959, 1963, 1964, 1966
- Campeonato Paulista (10): 1958, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1973
- North American Soccer League, Soccer Bowl (1): 1977
- North American Soccer League, Atlantic Conference Championship (1): 1977
Sum einstaklingur[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
- FIFA World Cup Besti ungi leikari (1): 1958
- FIFA World Cup Golden Ball (Besti leikari) (1): 1970
- FIFA World Cup Silver Ball (1): 1958
- FIFA World Cup Silver Boot (1): 1958
- FIFA World Cup All-Star Team (2): 1958, 1970
- FIFA World Cup All-Time Team: 1994
- FIFA World Cup Dream Team: 2002
- Copa America Besti leikari (1): 1959
- Copa América Toppskorari (1): 1959
- FIFA Ballon d'Or Prix d'Honneur: 2013
- FIFA Aldarinnar leikari: 2000
- FIFA Order of Merit: 1984
- FIFA hundraðárshald heiðursløn: 2004
- BBC Ársins Ítróttanavn handanhav: 1970
- BBC Ársins Ítróttanavn Heiðursløn fyri lívlangt avrik: 2005
- Greatest football player to have ever played the game, av Golden Foot: 2012
- Aldarinnar ítróttafólk, av Reuters News Agency: 1999
- Aldarinnar ítróttafólk, valdur av Altjóða Olympisku Nevndini: 1999
- Aldarinnar ítróttafólk, valdur av alheimsjournalistum, atkvøðugreiðsla av French daily L'Equipe: 1981
- Ársins Suðuramerikanski fótbóltsleikari (1): 1973
- Silver ball South American Footballer of the Year (1): 1972
- Aldarinnar Suðuramerikanski fótbóltsleikari, av IFFHS International Federation of Football History and Statistics: 1999
- Aldarinnar fótbóltsleikari, av IFFHS International Federation of Football History and Statistics: 1999
- Aldarinnar fótbóltsleikari, valdur av Ballon d'Or hjá France Football Vinnarar: 1999
- UNICEF Aldarinnar fótbóltsleikari: 1999
- Upptikin í amerikonsku National Soccer Hall of Fame: 1993
- Laureus World Sports Awards Lifetime Achievement Award frá Suðurafrikanska forsetanum Nelson Mandela: 2000
- World Team of the 20th Century: 1998
- World Soccer World XI (7): 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966
- World Soccer The Greatest Players of the 20th century: 1999
- World Soccer Greatest XI of all time: 2013
- L'Équipe: topp 50 Suðuramerikansku fótbóltsleikarar í søguni: #1
- Honorary degree frá University of Edinburgh, heiður fyri hansara týðandi íkast til humaniter og umhvørvismál, og harafturat fyri hansara ítróttaravrik ("significant contribution to humanitarian and environmental causes, as well as his sporting achievements"): 2012
- Prize from the French Academy of Sports, Award given to a player of a team sport for the very first time: 1971
- Red Medal of Paris, Given by the City Hall of the French Capital: 1971
- TIME One of the 100 Most Important People of the 20th century: 1999
- DPR Korea issued a postage stamp depicting Pelé: 1989
- FIFA World Cup's top 100 footballers of all time, by The Guardian: #1
- FIFA 100 bestu fótbóltsleikarar á lívi: 2004
- Brazilian Football Museum Hall of Fame
Tignarstøður[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
- Riddari av Order of Rio Branco: 1967
- Kommandørur av Order of Rio Branco: 1969
- Order of Merit of the Republic of Hungary: 1994
- Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire: 1997
Keldur[rætta | rætta wikitekst]
- Almenna navn hansara og føðingardagur, soleiðis sum tað stendur skrivað á føðibrævi hansara, eru "Edison" og "21. oktober 1940":
CERTIDÃO DE NASCIMENTO
CERTIFICO que sob o n° 7.095 às fls. 123 do livro n° 21-A de Registro de Nascimento consta o assento de Edison Arantes do Nascimento nascido aos vinte e um (21) outubro de mil novecentos e quarenta (1940) às 03 horas e --- minutos em esta Cidade de Três Corações sexo masculino filho de João Ramos do Nascimento e de Celeste Arantes
Hinvegin hevur Pelé altíð tvíhildið at talan er um feilir í føðibrævinum, at hann í veruleikanum varð navngivin Edson og at hann veruliga varð føddur 23. oktober 1940.
Pelé; Orlando Duarte; Alex Bellos (2006). Pelé: The Autobiography. London: Simon & Schuster UK Ltd. p. 14. ISBN 978-0-7432-7582-8. Retrieved 2 October 2010.
Shortly before I came along, there was another arrival in Três Corações: electricity. In order to celebrate this great improvement to our daily lives, Dondinho named me Edson, a tribute to Thomas Edison, the inventor of the lightbulb. In fact, on my birth certificate I am actually called Edison with an 'i', a mistake that persists to this day. I'm Edson with no 'i', but to my eternal annoyance quite often the 'i' appears on official or personal documents and time after time I have to explain why. As if that wasn't confusing enough, they got the date wrong on my birth certificate as well – it says 21 October. I'm not sure how this came about; probably because in Brazil we're not so fussy about accuracy. This is another mistake that carries on to this day. When I took out my first passport, the date was put in as 21 October and each time I have renewed it the date has stayed the same.
- "Pelé and Maradona - two very different number tens". FIFA.com. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- Arantes, Edson (2007). My Life and the Beautiful Game: The Autobiography of Pele. Skyhorse Publishing. p. 108,. ISBN 1602391963.
- "The Great Creators". FIFA.com. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- "Pele edges Eusebio as Santos defend title". FIFA.com. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- Pelé: The Autobiography. London: Simon & Schuster UK Ltd. 2006. p. 41,. ISBN 978-1416511212.
- "Santos profile: Pele" . Santos Futbol Clube. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- "Attacking midfielder/‘Hole’ player" . Talk Football. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- Pele: Xavi. FIFA.com. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- Quand Pelé rêvait d'être Xavi . L'equipe. Retrieved 14 October 2012
- "NASL Player Profile – Pele". Nasljerseys.com. http://www.nasljerseys.com/Players/P/Pele.htm. Heintað 12 June 2010.
- "More caps than goals". FIFA.com. Retrieved 20 October 2015
- Pele: The greatest of them all FIFA.com
The Best of The Best. RSSF.com
"What they said about Pele". FIFA.com.
-Bobby Moore: "Pele was the most complete player I've ever seen, he had everything. Two good feet. Magic in the air. Quick. Powerful. Could beat people with skill. Could outrun people. Only 5 ft 8 in tall, yet he seemed a giant of an athlete on the pitch. Perfect balance and impossible vision. He was the greatest because he could do anything and everything on a football pitch. I remember Saldanha the coach being asked by a Brazilian journalist who was the best goalkeeper in his squad. He said Pele. The man could play in any position." Independent.co.uk
-Ferenc Puskas: "The greatest player in history was Di Stefano. I refuse to classify Pele as a player. He was above that." FIFA.com
-José Mourinho: "I think he is football. You have the real special one - Mr Pele." BBC Sport
-Sir Alex Ferguson: "Question:-Best player you ever saw? -AF: Pelé, di Stefano, Maradona, Cruyff. -Q:In that order? -AF: Yes, I think so." Newstatesman.com
-Romario: "Messi has all the conditions to be the best, but first he has to beat Maradona, Romario and then eventually Pele." Mtnfootball.com
-Costa Pereira: "I arrived hoping to stop a great man, but I went away convinced I had been undone by someone who was not born on the same planet as the rest of us." FIFA.com
-Eusebio: "Pele played in an era which had so many great players and in that atmosphere he stood out above the others. He was the complete player in every aspect as well as being a kind human being. Cristiano Ronaldo is young yet, and has many years ahead of himself. But as of now, I do not see anyone who can compare with Pele" Lacancha.com
-Johan Cruyff: "Pele was the only footballer who surpassed the boundaries of logic." FIFA.com
-Rogelio Domininguez: "The difference between Pelé and Alfredo Di Stéfano is that Di Stéfano knows everything and Pelé invented everything." smh.com.au
-Zico: “No doubt, he is the greatest ever. When God built Pelé, he put everything that a player needs in him. He knew how to shoot, how to dribble, how to head, be physical. He had everything that a football player needs to have. It’s difficult for someone to achieve what he has in football. Tactically, technically, physically, mentally he was the best. A lot of things that I learnt was from Pele’s sticker albums: how to head, how to shoot the ball. It was like a step-by-step guide. I learnt from Pele as a kid.” Goal.com
-Sir Bobby Charlton: "I sometimes feel as though football was invented for this magical player." FIFA.com
-Daniel Passarella: "Pelé was more intelligent as a player than Maradona, he understood football better" YouTube
-Tostao: "Pele was the greatest – he was simply flawless. And off the pitch he is always smiling and upbeat. You never see him bad-tempered. He loves being Pele." FIFA.com
-Zico: "This debate about the player of the century is absurd. There's only one possible answer: Pele. He's the greatest player of all time, and by some distance I might add." FIFA.com
-Franz Beckenbauer: "Pele is the greatest player of all time. He reigned supreme for 20 years. All the others - Diego Maradona, Johan Cruyff, Michel Platini - rank beneath him. There's no one to compare with Pele." FIFA.com
-Tarcisio Burgnich: "Before the match, I told myself that Pele was just flesh and bones like the rest of us. Later I realised I'd been wrong." FIFA.com
-Cesar Luis Menotti: "It's ugly to compare but the greatest was Pele. If we believe that God made man, the "black" Pelé he made him perfect. He gave him everything. He lacked nothing, header, physical power, dribbling, finishing, inspiration, genius, temper, vision, goal. Everything."
-Gianni Rivera: "However, I do think there's someone who was even better(than Messi) and that's Pele. He used both feet on the pitch. He was as dangerous with his right as he was with his left. He was strong in the air as well, and created a lot of chances." Soccerway.com
-Hugo Gatti: "Pelé had the skin of a player, head, pace, everything. He was a panther dressed in white, I played with him. He entered to play in the last minute and he could turn the match. And the big difference is that Pelé on the field created fear, Maradona not...For me, it is Pelé, Alfredo Di Stefano and Maradona, in that order. I appreciate Diego, he is a great player. But from another planet was Pelé, not him." Diariomundonuevo.com
-Teófilo Cubillas: "I confronted him several times on the pitch and I think there will be no one like him."
"The Best of The Best". Rsssf.com. 19 June 2009. http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/bestbest.html. Heintað 12 June 2010.
The Best x Players of the Century/All-Time. RSSF.com
Pele tops World Cup legends poll BBC News
THE LIST: The greatest players in the history of football Daily Mail.
title=Pelé "The King" to be crowned in Monte Carlo at 10th edition of the "Golden Foot" Awards GoldenFoot
IFFHS' Century Elections. RSSF.com
- Ingo Faulhaber. "IFFHS". Iffhs.de. http://www.iffhs.de/?42d03e32a16f43809fa3c17c13c09e20a15ff3c09f32b17f7370eff3702bb1c2bbb6e28fc380de43110f83d00e09. Heintað 19 November 2012.
- France Football's Football Player of the Century Retrieved 1 May 2011
- Kissinger, Henry (14 June 1999). "The Time 100, Heroes and icons — Pelé". TIME. http://www.time.com/time/time100/heroes/profile/pele01.html. Heintað 1 October 2006.
- "Pele receives FIFA Ballon d’Or Prix d’Honneur". FIFA.com. Retrieved 14 January 2014
- Roberto Mamrud. "Edson Arantes do Nascimento "Pelé" – Goals in International Matches". RSSSF. http://www.rsssf.com/miscellaneous/pele-intlg.html. Heintað 1 May 2011.
- "Copa Oswaldo Cruz". Rsssf.com. 2007-09-21. http://www.rsssf.com/tableso/ocruz.html. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- "Copa Bernardo O'Higgins". Rsssf.com. 1998-09-30. http://www.rsssf.com/tableso/ohiggins.html. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- "Copa del Atlántico". Rsssf.com. http://www.rsssf.com/tablesa/atlantico.html. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- "Intercontinental Cups 1962 and 1963". FIFA.com.19 November 2012
- "Recopa Sudamericana 1968". Rsssf.com. 1999-06-23. http://www.rsssf.com/sacups/supcopa68.html. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- Pelé – Títulos Santos Futebol Clube. Retrieved 6 May 2011
- 1964 Torneio Rio-São Paulo varð hildið saman við Botafogo.
- "Santos Futebol Clube – Site Oficial". Santos.globo.com. http://santos.globo.com/clube_historia_ptitulos.php?cod=10441#topo_chis. Heintað 12 June 2010.
- 1973 Paulista varð hildið saman við Portuguesa.
- "Todos os Artilheiros do Torneio Rio-São Paulo". Campeoesdofutebol.com.br. http://www.campeoesdofutebol.com.br/rio_saopaulo_artilheiros.html. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- "Bola de Prata Placar 1970". Placar. http://revistaplacar.uol.com.br/noticias/bola-de-prata/bola-de-prata-placar-1970.phtml#.VjZDS7fhBQI. Heintað 2 November 2015.
- 1958 FIFA World Cup Sweden – Awards FIFA.com. Retrieved 6 May 2011
- Pelé – I was there FIFA. Retrieved 5 May 2011
- World All-Time Teams. Rsssf.com. Retrieved 26 November 2014
- "The Copa América Archive - Trivia". Rsssf.com. 2007-07-19. http://www.rsssf.com/tabless/sachampfulltrivia.html#best-players. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- South American Championship 1959, Scorers' List RSSSF. Retrieved 6 May 2011
- "PELÉ (Edson Arantes do Nascimento) - The King of football". FIFA.com. In section 'Individual' of the right hand sidebar: FIFA. http://www.fifa.com/fifa-tournaments/players-coaches/people=63869/profile.html. Heintað 17 May 2012.
- "FIFA Order of Merit". http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/r&a-awards/01/20/85/43/170490-factsheet-fifaorderofmerit%281984-2010%29_neutral.pdf. Heintað 21 January 2015.
- "FIFA Centennial Award". http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/fifafacts/r&a-awards/01/20/85/43/170490-factsheet-fifaorderofmerit%281984-2010%29_neutral.pdf. Heintað 21 January 2015.
- To Honour Football's greatest player: "O Rey" Pelé Golden Foot. Retrieved 8 January 2013 /
- Tamir Bar-On (2014). "The World through Soccer: The Cultural Impact of a Global Sport". p. 192. Rowman & Littlefield
- "Pelé Fast Facts". CNN. Retrieved 20 October 2015
- South American Player of the Year 1973 RSSSF. Retrieved 6 May 2011
- "South American Player of the Year 1972" Retrieved on 17 November 2015
- "Hall of Famer Spotlight ... Pelé". Soccerhall.com. http://www.soccerhall.com/Spotlight%20HallofFamer/Pele_spotlight.htm. Heintað 12 June 2010.
- ""Speech by Nelson Mandela at the Inaugural Laureus Lifetime Achievement Award" Nelson Mandela Centre of Memory". Db.nelsonmandela.org. 2000-05-25. http://db.nelsonmandela.org/speeches/pub_view.asp?pg=item&ItemID=NMS1148. Heintað 2014-06-16.
- "ERIC BATTY’S WORLD XI – THE SIXTIES" Retrieved on 26 November 2015
- "Top 50 des joueurs sud-américains de l'histoire [Top 50 South-American footballers in history]" (in French). L'Équipe. 4 July 2015. http://www.lequipe.fr/Top/Football/top50-joueurs-sud-americains/3/. Heintað 6 July 2015.
- "Pelé to receive honorary degree" (Press release). University of Edinburgh. 6 August 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- Henry Kissinger (14 June 1999) Time 100 – PELE: The Phenomenon Time. Retrieved 22 May 2010
- "DPR postage stamp". USSR Philately (in Russian) (Moscow) (1): 1. January 1990. ISSN 0130-5689. – photo of this postage stamp
- "The World Cup's top 100 footballers of all time – interactive". The Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/football/ng-interactive/2014/may/27/the-world-cups-top-100-footballers-of-all-time-interactive. Heintað 1 November 2015.
- The 20th century boys BBC Sport. Retrieved 6 May 2011
- "Top 10 facts about Grace and Pelé". http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/top10facts/613945/Ten-things-you-didn-t-know-about-Grace-and-Pele. Heintað 1 November 2015.