Legg upp fílur, Leiðbeining til at leggja út fílur?[rætta wikitekst]
Hello! Sorry for writing in English. It was noted that on this wiki there is little community activity around uploads: less than 50 "Strika" actions in "Mynd" last year.
- send users to commons:Special:UploadWizard from the sidebar and
- limit local "Legg fílu upp" to the "Umboðsstjórar" group (for any emergency uploads),
so that no new work is needed on this wiki and all users can have a functioning, easy upload interface in their own language. All registered users can upload on Commons.
All this will be done around 2014-09-30.
- If you disagree with the proposal, just remove this wiki from the list.
- To make the UploadWizard even better, please tell your experience and ideas on commons:Commons:Upload Wizard feedback.
- In all cases, existing files will not be affected, but everyone is welcome to join m:File metadata cleanup drive. The goal is to give better credit to the authors who provided us their works.
Nemo 18. sep 2014 kl. 19:12 (UTC)
- Hello, I totally agree, so please go ahead. I have never uploaded any photo to a local Wikipedia, I don't see the point, it is much better to upload photos on commons, that way one only needs to upload one time and the photo can be used on all Wikis. I have uploaded many photos to commons. You are right, we don't have much energy here on the Faroese Wikipedia to controle the photos which have been uploaded here, I would prefer if no photos could be uploaded here. EileenSanda (talk) 18. sep 2014 kl. 20:32 (UTC)